Give your customers
the best beer experience!
The results will soon follow. Happy customers will contribute to your outlet’s success. The best beer experience can only be achieved with beer that is properly taken care of and served. Plzeňský Prazdroj gives the Brewers’ Star certificate to the best restaurants and pubs that consistently respect the principles and requirements of draft beer care. The certificate bears the signatures of those who brew the beer – our brewers.
The evaluation is done at annual intervals and based on its results the certificate is given for a period of one calendar year. The evaluation is carried out by industry experts, graduates of the Bartender Camp, which is dedicated to serving beer and beer tasting. Each expert is also trained by a team of our trade brewmasters.
Overall beer care starts with appropriate beer storage in suitable conditions. It includes the use of approved procedures in dispensing beer using either a recommended propellant gas for keg beer or air for tank beer, and regular sanitation of beer pipes with recommended detergents at set intervals.
The same applies to the bartender maintaining the bar, tap equipment and beer glassware absolutely clean on a daily basis. Beer that has been well taken care of and served in the recommended manner will have the desired taste and aroma. The ideal beer experience goes hand in hand with the fresh taste of beer. That is why keeping to the recommended maximum time periods for dispensing keg or tank beer is absolutely essential.
Advantages of holding the Brewers’ Star certificate
- The Brewers’ Star certificate displayed on an outlet indicates to consumers the highest quality beer care and the best beer experience possible. It also improves the pub’s reputation with its existing as well as prospective patrons.
- The certificate plays a role in consumers’ decision-making on which outlet to visit.
- The outlet will be listed on a map of certified and recommended outlets on Plzeňský Prazdroj’s website and in the navigation sections of the websites of individual beer brands.
- The Brewers’ Star certificate is awarded only to Plzeňský Prazdroj customers.
- Gaining the certificate is also a prerequisite for the outlet’s participation in certain levels of the “Plzeňský Prazdroj Key Account Club” sales program (for details, contact the relevant Key Account Development Manager or Trade Development Specialist).
The procedure for awarding the Brewers’ Star certificate
- Ask a Plzeňský Prazdroj Trade Development Specialist to initiate the certification process.
- The basic technical parameters will be measured.
- This is followed by an evaluation of the quality of beer served.
- If your outlet meets all the requirements, it will receive the Brewers’ Star certificate from a representative of Plzeňský Prazdroj’s Sales Department.
- If any discrepancies preventing the Brewers’ Star certification being awarded are identified, the outlet will receive a detailed description of the reason why it was denied the certificate as well as instructions on how to remedy the situation. The outlet may then request to be reevaluated after a minimum of 3 months. Inspections at already certified outlets will take place at least once a year. These may take place anytime and their purpose is to check the observance of draft beer standards and quality. In case of a serious breach of the standards stated in the Brewers’ Star Terms and Conditions, or if the outlet is transferred to another keeper/owner, the outlet will lose the Brewers’ Star certification. Should you have any questions, please refer to a Trade Development Specialist or a member of Plzeňský Prazdroj’s Technical Service Department.