Radegast brewery reports a record attendance – over 10,000 visitors in September21.9.2011 Radegast
9,088 people passed through Radegast brewery in 2010. It is going to be many more this year, as they have already welcomed their 10,000th visitor in Nošovice on September 21st. „The opening of the Visitor Center (with a store) brought visitors new experiences and a broad selection of beer inspired gifts, as well as the always sought after old comforts. This is all certainly positively reflected with a rise in interest in brewery excursions. Reactions to the look of the Center from both Czech and foreign visitors have been very positive,“ said Ivo Kaňák manager of Radegast brewery.
The lucky 10,000th visitor is retiree Lubomír Viencek from Frýdek–Místek. He visited the brewery several times before but this was his first time seeing the Visitor Center.
Most of the visitors who come to Nošovice are natives. Traditionally brewed beer, however, is gradually luring tourists from abroad as well. Polish visitors, whose numbers reached nearly 1,000 this year so far, are traditionally the strongest group of foreign guests in Radegast brewery. Tourists from Great Britain, USA, or even Australia are not a rare find among the visitors of the brewery too.
In terms of tourism, year 2011 looks promising for the Morava-Silesia region. Since 2010, after two years of decline, the number of people interested in visiting the north of Moravia has been constantly rising. The number of visitors in the second quarter of 2011 is 4.5% higher in comparison to the same period last year.
Notes for editors:
- Beer brewery Radegast, one of the most modern beer breweries in the Czech Republic, has been producing beer since 1970.
- Brewery Radegast is a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc. since 1999.
- It produces more than 2 million hectoliters of beer a year, and employs about 250 employees.
- The brewery produces „classic Czech lager“ beer types, and it is also a maker of high quality malt, which is produced in its own on–site malthouse.
- In 2008, the brewery produced its ten–billionth beer.
- With its total sales of nearly 10 million hectoliters during the calendar year of 2010 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the prominent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Phone: +420 724 617 219