A year and a half ago, they opened a new Visitor Centre in Nošovice. Now, the brewery trail underwent the major makeover as well. Ivo Kaňák, the brewery’s manager, explains the reasons: „Our goal is to continuously improve the value of the visiting experience of our brewery. Improving visitors’ comfort is a major contribution to this effort. We hope that the novelties will again lead to increasing number of visitors. Conquering the threshold of 13,000 people in 2011 is clear proof that we took the right direction.“
The new guided tour goes through the most important stops of the brewery, and it will make it possible to watch Nošovice master–brewers up–close. Now it will also be possible to peek into the lager cellar, and that was not possible before. You will have a chance to do that from a room resembling a giant beer barrel adorned with a catchy exhibition of the development of lager cellars and coopers’ art.
There are new info panels introducing the individual parts of the process of beer–brewing, as well as beer–brewing as a field. Where it is not possible to enter because of safety issues, there are big screens installed showing shots from individual operations. That goes for the malt–house, for example, where malt production scheme is displayed now as well. A similar scheme can also be seen in a bottling room with a new walkway leading visitors to an elevator to the tasting room.
The first visitors will enjoy the tour on Saturday, April 28th, the beginning of the special, long–weekend event that goes until May 1st. Interested visitors will have the chance to enter the brewery for an exceptional price of 40,- CZK (about $ 2.00). On the state holiday (May 1st), visitors will also have a chance to see the art of master coopers.
The Radegast brewery trail is open every day, it is recommended to make a reservation before your visit. In the Visitor Centre, people have the chance to purchase complete assortments of Radegast beer, or chose from a wide selection of artefacts from the Radegast collection. It is possible to combine the tour with some of the accompanying programmes and additional packages. You can find more information at www.radegast.cz.
„Last year, thanks to the investments in the Visitor Centre and the trail, Radegast brewery become a part of the Industrial Attraction of Moravia–Silesia Region project, which celebrates the region by highlighting attractive, technological points of interest, attracting visitors from the whole Czech Republic. Therefore, we believe that this year, even more people than last year will pass through the gates of our brewery,“ Ivo Kaňák, Radegast brewery Manager, concluded.
Notes for editors:
- Radegast beer brewery, one of the most modern beer breweries in the Czech Republic, has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery has been a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc. since 1999.
- With total sales of nearly 10 million hectoliters during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Phone: +420 724 617 219