„To mark the 10th anniversary of the Radegast Day, we were able to secure reputable bands. The awards that they’ve collected during their career speak for themselves; four bands playing at the Radegast Day event won the first places in Angel Awards. The big attraction is surely the band Mandrage, this year’s winner of Band of the Year category. Chinaski has two trophies for a victory in the same category, plus victory in the Czech Nightingale contest. Slovak band No Name has also won many awards. This is a great invitation for all music fans and rightly–bitter beer lovers,“ Michal Kučera, Radegast Brand Specialist said.
The exact schedule is still in progress. By now we know that one of the star bands, No Name, will start the show in the early afternoon. The evening program will be concluded by Chinaski.
Unfiltered lager will be on taps, and drivers will have a chance to enjoy non-alcoholic Birell. Visitors will have a chance to visit the brewery and the whole visitors tour. An additional program is being prepared and will be announced.
Bands playing at Radegast Day event:
Chinaski: Czech Nightingale winner, two-time Angel Awards band of the year
No Name: Five Slovak Grammy awards, four-time winner of Nightingale Without Borders contest, many Aurel awards recipient
Mandrage: Band of the Year at Angel Awards 2011
Wohnout: Record of the Year at Angel Awards
Charlie Straight: Winner of Record of the Year, Newcomer of the Year and Video of the Year at Angel Awards
VSPH: Winner of Radegast Hotbed 2012
Notes for editors:
- Radegast beer brewery, one of the most modern beer breweries in Czech Republic, has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast has been a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group, Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc., since 1999.
- With its total sale of nearly 10 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing or distributing activities in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Phone: +420 724 617 219