„This year, as well as before, beside the great Velké Popovice beer and a fine music programme, the visitors enjoyed the rich accompanying programme. The atmosphere was fantastic, and the attendance record–breaking. And that is also thanks to today’s beautiful, sunny weather. Interesting delicacies from the record-long grill in the Czech Republic were prepared to go with the crisp Velké Popovice beer. We would like to thank to all our fans especially for their abundant participation,“ Vladimír Vaněk, Velkopopovický Kozel Brand Manager summed up the successful beer festival that took place last Saturday in Velké Popovice.
Next to popular Velkopopovický Kozel 11°, the Day of Kozel jubilee also offered a traditional special to its visitors. This time, it was Honey Kozel. Both beers went great with the barbeque specialties. Those who could not take part at the Day of Kozel have the opportunity to taste Honey Kozel – the lager with a well–balanced taste and a pleasant aroma of honey extract – in selected restaurants until approximately the end of June (the list of restaurants will be available at www.kozel.cz).
On the longest grill in the Czech Republic, „The Boys in Action, “ Filip Sajler and Ondřej Slanina, prepared their own special delicacy according to an original recipe, barbeque pork neck marinated in Velké Popovice beer. The length of the grill, assembled from 1.25 metre long units into a record–breaking total of 21.67 metres, was verified by the Good Day Agency and recorded into the Czech Book of Records. Velké Popovice Mayor Martina Čermáková, brewery Manager Jaroslav Hacko, and Filip Sajler with Ondřej Slanina were present during the baptism ceremony of the record–long grill. The grill received the seal when master blacksmiths forged the coat of arms during their show. „It feels real good when you see how the result of your hard work brings joy and goodness to so many people,“ said Stanislav Šutka, the blacksmith, expressing his satisfaction with a job well–done.
During the day, the pleasant atmosphere of the festival was taken care of by several bands, including Hamlets, with frontman Dalibor Gondík, Waldemar Matuška, whose hits were once again alive thanks to the band Walda Gang, and Ondřej Hejma and his band, Yellow Dog, who made a final classic rock point with their concluding show. All who were present appreciated the fact that the bands did not stick just to their craft but also took part during the blacksmith show.
For more information:
Notes for editors:
- The first batch of beer was brewed in Velké Popovice brewery on December 15, 1874, and just one year later, 18000 hl of beer were brewed and sold. Only a few years later, the brewery became the third biggest brewery in the country. They were famous especially for their dark, heavy beer.
- The Velkopopovický Kozel brand is irreplaceable on today’s beer market. It is the brand with the most dynamic rise on both Czech and foreign markets. Velkopopovický Kozel Dark is the leader among dark beer brands on the Czech beer market, and the best selling Czech beer abroad.
- Velké Popovice brewery has been a part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Company since 1999.
- With its total sale of 9,9 millions of hectolitres during the calendar year of 2010 (including licensed productions abroad), and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the prominent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller’s brand group include such important brands as Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft, Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and many other successful regional brands.
- You can find more info about the most recent activities and projects supported by the brand Velkopopovický Kozel at www.kozel.cz.