„The whole team has decided to give the scored kegs to our fans, and doing so they would like to thank them for their support. It is a nice way to express their gratitude,“ said Vladimír Šmicer, National Team Manager, after the quarter–final match with Portugal that brought the end to the Czech participation in Euro 2012.
„Emerging as winners in the basic group is a success, which nobody truly expected after our first match,“ Jan Doležel, Senior Manager of Gambrinus Brand summed up the participation of the team after its elimination from the tournament. „The players would have fully deserved the beer reward for the goals scored we have listed in case of their advance to the quarter–finals,“ Doležel said. „However, we do like the idea of forwarding the kegs to the fans, and so we have decided to double the price, and reward them we the same amount of kegs as the national team. We, too, would like to thank the fans for their support of the national team,“ he added.
And so, at the first home match, the fans can look forward to 8 kegs of Gambrinus beer from the players and Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. combined. „Perhaps we will be able to transfer the wonderful championship atmosphere to the matches we will be facing in the future,“ Doležel reflected on upcoming qualification rounds for the World Championship.
Notes for editors:
- The wide portfolio of Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with low content of sugar.
- Since 2012, Gambrinus added Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are known for their lower alcohol content and refreshing taste.
- Thanks to preserving the original brewing recipes so characteristic for Czech beer, and to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing ingredients, Gambrinus is entitled to use the quality trademark „Czech Beer.“
- The history of Gambrinus brand goes way back to 1869. The Gambrinus beer has won the hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and its preservation of the original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus brand is a part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is a member of SABMiller plc. With total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities and distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.