Fans will get a Gambrinus Original 10° for the symbolic price of five CZK (about 25 cents) when using special vouchers. Those vouchers will guarantee the price of one quarter per beer. „The vouchers will be given away before the next match of the home team that scored five or more goals during the last game. The fans will enjoy their „quarter“ Gambrinus beer in selected pubs after the match. Every adult visitor will receive one voucher,“ Adriana Jahňáková, Marketing Manager of Plzeňský Prazdroj explained.
The last two seasons of the Gambrinus League brought a record number of scored goals, including the five–goals–per–match events. Gambrinus appreciates this trend and with its idea, Beer For a Quarter, wishes to support it even more. The Jablonec and Viktoria Plzeň football clubs are among the most successful scoring clubs of the last five years. „Goals are the spice of the football matches and more the merrier, especially for the visitors. That is the reason behind our idea. We want to support offensive playing and successfully scoring teams,“ Jahňáková said.
Gambrinus believes that their Beer For a Quarter idea will initiate a higher participation of fans on the league fields. „Beer For a Quarter is ideal for both fans and the teams. The players will have a chance to score some symbolically priced beer for their fans. The home teams can then expect an increase in visitors’ participation and fan support. They will come to the matches pleased with a good performance and will enjoy Gambrinus beer while celebrating a shooting concert of their team,“ Adriana Jahňáková added.
Manager external communication
Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
+420 724 617 219
Notes for editors:
- The broad portfolio of the Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with low sugar content.
- Since 2012, Gambrinus has added both Gambrinus Crisp Lemon and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They typically have a lower alcohol content and a refreshing taste.
- Due to following original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer, and also due to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the geographical quality trademark „Czech Beer.“
- The history of the Gambrinus brand goes all the way back to 1869. Gambrinus is a beer that won the hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and preservation of original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is member of SABMiller plc. With a total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the year 2011 (including licenced productions abroad), and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.