Pilsner Urquell Gallery Offers Lessons in Beer Draughting as an Original Christmas Gift6.12.2013 Pilsner Urquell
An original Christmas present – The School of Beer Draughting Pilsner Urquell – is being offered by the original gallery and brand store Pilsner Urquell, U Lužického semináře 11 on Mala Strana in Prague. ”Fans of good beer should not miss the opportunity to learn how to draught a half-litre of Pilsner properly under the watchful eye of our experts. Many of them have no idea what tiny little details may influence the taste of the beer during draughting: from absolute cleanliness of a beer glass to various techniques of brewing. Come to learn secrets of bartenders’ craft and enjoy a good Pilsner in our cellar,” Pilsen brewmaster Václav Berka said.
During the hour-long programme, participants may expect a guided tour of the Pilsner Urquell history exposition showing its 171-year-long history and the importance of world beer brewing tradition and also details about its unique brewing procedure and its first-class raw materials. Guided by an expert, during this lesson in beer draughting, you will learn about correct principles of draughting. But mainly you will learn how different styles of draughting – surface, Spruz, water-goblin, or milk – may strongly influence the taste of beer a customer prefers. The price of the programme is 200,- CZK (about 10.00 USD) per person and dates available to individual visitors can be found at www.galerie.pilsner-urquell.cz/zazijte.
The internet shop www.eshop.prazdroj.cz inspires you to shop for the right present for Pilsner Urquell fans. From the comfort of your home, you can order a special package with a jersey, a Radegast puck and a glass with the logo of their favourite team for your hockey and Radegast beer fan. The assortment at the e-shop also includes Olympic clothing from the Pilsner Urquell Olympic collection, a proud partner of this year’s Sochi Olympic Games. Hits of the 2014 winter games will surely be an original brand fur hat and an elegant white waistcoat with detachable fur hoodie in various colours. This offer comes complete with a sport bottle suitable for all sports, Olympic shades including a case, a shield cap, and a knitted gloves and scarf with the Pilsner Urquell logo. For culinary fans, Velkopopovický Kozel prepared a practical kitchen set. You can also buy an original box for a nontraditional wrapping of Christmas presents. It is in a shape of a truck adorned with all main brands of Plzeňský Prazdroj. Only offers placed before December 15 are guaranteed to reach their destination prior to Christmas.
Notes for editors
- Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery activities for visitors include a Visitors Centre, Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus visitors tours, the Beer Brewing Museum, and the Plzeň Historic Underground in the centre of the town.
- You can be inspired to visit by logging on to www.prazdrojvisit.cz first. The website is dedicated to visitors’ tours, and to all services offered by the brewery for its visitors.
- Besides Czech, English, and German, visitors may also hear the tour narratives in French, Chinese, and Russian.
- The brewery’s offer also includes the social and cultural centre “Secese,” which is available for organising various celebrations, and cultural, educational, or presentation functions.
- The Beer Brewing Museum is located in the original house-with-the-rights-to-brew-beer on Veleslavínova Street, which has been preserved in an original and authentic shape. The Museum first opened in 1959 as part of the celebrations for the 100th anniversary of the trademark “Plzeňské pivo” (Pilsen beer).
- An 800-metres-long tour of Plzeň Historic Underground is accessible from the building of the Beer Brewing Museum. The labyrinth of pathways, cellars, and wells has been built under the Town of Plzeň since the 14th century, and it is closely connected with the history of the town as well as its present-day activities.
- In 2010, 226,000 visitors from all around the world visited the brewery, the Beer Brewing Museum, and the Underground. The Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery itself is considered the most attractive tourist destination in Czech Republic.
- The Department of Tourism and Cultural Heritage Care of Plzeňský Prazdroj is responsible for visitor tours, tourism, and the sale of souvenirs in Velké Popovice and Radegast breweries. In 2012, all tourist destinations and points of interest under the care of Plzeňský Prazdroj welcomed more than 310,000 visitors in total.
Press contact of Plzeňský Prazdroj Kateřina Krásová is available to media at:
Mobile: +420 724 617 219
Plzeňský Prazdroj in social media: