The Czech beer market is expecting the first refreshing non-alcoholic beer with a ginger flavour, Birell Ginger. It is a continuation of the success of the two present flavoured varieties of the Birell brand. Ginger is credited with many positive impacts on the human organism, and the ginger flavour is ever more popular in the Czech Republic. The new Birell variety is flavoured with a ginger extract, it is preservative and artificial colouring free, and it has only 23 kcal/100 ml. It is ideal for those who love to spend their free time actively.
“Ginger is ever more popular in the Czech Republic. People discovered its taste and are adding it to their diet more and more often. That is why we decided to combine Birell with a ginger extract, which is preservative and artificial colouring free. I believe that this beverage will find many fans among the supporters of healthy lifestyles,” said Luděk Baumruk, marketing manager of Birell brand, adding that Birell Ginger is the first non-alcoholic beer on the Czech market with a ginger flavour. A half litre can’s recommended resale price is 19,90 CZK (about 1.00USD).
The ginger flavour is expanding the portfolio of non-alcoholic beers at Birell. The first two varieties, Lime & Raspberry and Lemon & Pomegranate are among the most popular mixed non-alcoholic beer drinks on the Czech market.
Birell Ginger will be available for the first time to the participants of the “Sportisimo” Half Marathon Praha, where it will be officially introduced to the market.
Notes for editors:
- Birell brand is a longtime leader of the entire category of nonalcoholic beers. It is present on Czech beer market for more than 20 years.
- The portfolio includes Birell Light, Birell Semi dark, and Birell Lime & Raspberry, which was introduced to the market in spring of 2013. This April, Birell introduced new, ginger flavor (flavour).
- The perfect beer taste of Birell is appreciated not only by its consumers but also at international competitions. Their last successes are awards at Pivex competition where Birell Lemon & Pomegranate as well as Birell Lime &Raspberry won prices.
- In 2012 Birell won a price in the international competition World Beer Awards.
- With its total sale of nearly 9.7 million of hectoliters during the calendar year of 2013 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the most significant world beer companies with 70 thousand employees in 75 countries around the world. It offers more than 200 beer brands including the world renowned brand such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft (draught) a Grolsch, as well as important local brands such as Aguila (Columbia), Castle (South Africa), Miller Lite (USA), Snow (China), Victoria Bitter (Australia), and Tyskie (Poland).
+420 724 617 886