To commemorate the 20th annual Volkswagen Marathon Praha, Birell released a limited edition of glasses for the nonalcoholic beer Birell adorned with the signature of the legendary Kenyan runner Patrick Makau. Exactly 958 glasses were made, which is the number of runners who took part in the first historic Prague marathon in 1995. All proceeds from the sale will go to support the Czech Marathon Hopes project, which is aimed at the training of elite Czech marathon runners. One glass will sell for 99,- CZK (about 2.50 USD) and the glasses will be available at the Sport Expo Fair from May 8 to May 10.
“I appreciate Patrick Makau’s gesture in agreeing with the placement of his signature on the glasses to help young, promising Czech runners. I am sure the glasses will be in high demand,” said president of the Volkswagen Marathon Praha 2014 Executive Committee Carlo Capalbo. Patrick Makau was a long time marathon record-holder, and is set to start in a relay-race in Prague this coming weekend.
The glasses were made and introduced to the market by Birell brand, the general partner of the Prague Marathon. “Our goal is to support projects that motivate people to spend their pastimes actively. I am sure that having a Czech marathon star will bring thousands of people to running,” said marketing manager of Birell brand Luděk Baumruk.
Sale proceeds from the limited edition will go to support the Czech Marathon Hopes project. The greatest Czech hope for the marathon is Anežka Drahotová, who placed 11th at the Sportisimo half-marathon. Praha is currently training her as part of the project.
Notes for editors:
- Birell brand is a longtime leader of the entire category of nonalcoholic beers. It has been present on Czech beer-market for more than 20 years.
- The portfolio includes: Birell Light, Birell Semi dark, and Birell Lime & Raspberry, which was introduced to the market in the summer of 2012.
- The perfect beer taste of Birell is appreciated not only by its consumers, but also at international competitions. The last successes are the awards from thePivex competition where Birell Lemon & Pomegranate as well as Birell Lime &Raspberry won prizes.
- In 2012, Birell won the prize at the international competition in the World Beer Awards.
- With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million of hectolitres during the calendar year of 2012 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. Group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s largest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
+420 724 617 219
Plzeňský Prazdroj in social media: