You can support Czech running at the Karlovy Vary Half-Marathon21.5.2014
The signature of legendary runner Patrick Makau will adorn a limited-edition glass especially made for the non-alcoholic beer Birell, and will be available for purchase to both spectators and participants of the Mattoni Half-Marathon in Karlovy Vary. All proceeds from the sale will support the Czech Marathon Hopes project, which is aimed at the training of elite Czech marathon runners. All participants of the half-marathon will receive Birell Ginger at the finish line as a refreshing incentive. Birell will also establish 11 “music points” along the path of the half-marathon to enhance the overall atmosphere for runners and spectators.
“I appreciate Patrick Makau’s gesture in agreeing with the placement of his signature on the glasses to help young, promising Czech runners,“ said Carlo Capalbo, President of the Organising Committee of the Karlovy Vary Half-Marathon. The glasses will be available at the cost of 99 CZK (about 5.00 USD) and profits will directly support the Czech Marathon Hopes project, whose beneficiaries include the likes of successful Czech runner Anežka Drahotová.
As a direct partner in organising the entire series of races, including the Mattoni Half-Marathon in Karlovy Vary, Birell will provide one free non-alcoholic beer to each runner at the finish line. The participants can look forward to trying the new flavour, Birell Ginger, which was introduced to the market about one month ago.
“Birell ginger is the first non-alcoholic beer that boasts more and more popular ginger flavour. With no preservatives or artificial colouring, it is an ideal refreshment choice for all who live active and healthy lifestyle. The participants of the Karlovy Vary race certainly belong to that category,” said Birell brand marketing-manager Luděk Baumruk.
Notes for editors
- Birell brand is a longtime leader among the entire category of nonalcoholic beer. IT is present on Czech market for more than 20 years.
- The portfolio includes Birell Light, Birell Semi Dark, mixed drinks Birell Lime & Raspberry, and Birell Lemon & Pomegranate that has been introduced to the market in the spring of 2013. This April, Birell introduced its new ginger flavor.
- The perfect taste of Birell is appreciated not only by consumers but in international competitions as well. The latest success is the award at Pivex competition where both, Birell Lemon & Pomegranate and Birell Lime & Raspberry won prizes.
- In 2012, Birell won a prize at the international competition World Beer Awards 2012.
- With its total sale of nearly 9.7 million of hectoliters during the calendar year of 2013 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the most significant world beer companies with 70 thousand employees in 75 countries around the world. It offers more than 200 beer brands including the world renowned brand such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft a Grolsch, as well as important local brands such as Aguila (Columbia), Castle (South Africa), Miller Lite (USA), Snow (China), Victoria Bitter (Australia), and Tyskie (Poland).
724 617 886