On Wednesday, June 4, in Nošovice brewery Radegast, the Council of Representatives met to commence the 13th annual programme Prazdroj to People, which will be named “For the Future Generations” once again. As it was last year, the non-profit contributing organisations from Ostrava, Frýdek-Místek, Třinec, Jablunkov, Novy Jičín, and Karvina regions will have the opportunity to apply for grants for their community projects. Projects may contain topics such as the environment, sports, culture, voluntary activities, and active pastimes. They may support employment, education and traditional crafts.
2.5 million CZK (about 125.000 USD) will be redistributed within the programme Prazdroj to People in the Moravia-Silesia region. Projects that you wish to support should aim to bring long-term contributions to the people of the region, and to reflect the mission of the programme – “For the Future Generations.” More information about the programme, the rules for applying, the application form, and the guidelines for filling it out are all available at www.prazdrojlidem.cz. The applications will be accepted until the 31st of August.
By now, we already know about one of the important projects of this year: the reconstruction of the burned down mountain cottage “Libušín.” The programme’s Council agreed on a gift of 300.000 – CZK (about 15,000 USD) just after the fire, which happened before the commencement of this year’s programme “Prazdroj to People.”
The difference in this year’s programme is the increase of the minimum amount that organisations may ask for. It has been increased to 500.000 CZK (about 25,000 USD). Organisations may submit their proposals until the 31st of August, 2014. The Council of Representatives, made up of important personalities from the North-Moravian region, will meet in September and select the highest quality and the most needed projects for the region. They will take into consideration each project’s impact on sustainability and recommend them for public voting. The financial contributions will be divided according to the results of the public voting, conducted via internet and SMS texts.
“We hope that the projects supported by the programme Prazdroj to People will bring long-term, positive impacts and increase the quality of life for people in regions where our breweries are based,” said Drahomíra Mandíková, Director of Corporate Relations and Communications of Pilsner Urquell, addeding,“One of the priorities of our company is sustainable development. In this way, we would like to not only preserve and develop the values that came before us, but also to support the development of new values which will then benefit the generations to come.”
Plzeňský Prazdroj, via its programme Prazdroj to People, supported 156 projects with a total amount of 26.5 million CZK (about 133,000 USD) in North Moravia during the 12 years of its existence. More than 105,000 votes decided the outcomes in the public voting.
Timetable for 13th year
- June 6 to August 31 – application period
- September – pre-selection of project by the Council of Representatives for the public voting
- October 1 to 31 – public voting
- November – evaluation of the results of public voting, redistribution of funds
- December – award ceremony, awarding of checks (cheques)
- 2015 – realization (realisation) of selected projects
Plzeňský Prazdroj press contact Kateřina Krásová is available to media at:
Mobile: +420 724 617 219
Notes for editors:
- With its total sale of nearly 9.7 million of hectoliters during the calendar year of 2013 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the most significant world beer companies with 70 thousand employees in 75 countries around the world. It offers more than 200 beer brands including the world renowned brand such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft (draught) a Grolsch, as well as important local brands such as Aguila (Columbia), Castle (South Africa), Miller Lite (USA), Snow (China), Victoria Bitter (Australia), and Tyskie (Poland).