PLZENSKY PRAZDROJ PLACED HIGHEST IN THE 2015 TOP RESPONSIBLE COMPANY COMPETITION21.10.2015 Company
Yesterday, the Business for Society platform, which strives to share and spread the principles of CSR and sustainable business conduct in the Czech Republic, granted awards to the most responsible companies. As part of the 2015 Responsible Company competition, the platform recognised exceptional projects and activities; among them, Plzensky Prazdroj placed highest in the TOP Responsible Major Enterprise category. The company was awarded the Gold Certificate for its sustainable development strategy and was recognised for its long-lasting contribution to sustainable business conduct, thus proving its leading position in this field.
Plzensky Prazdroj also received awards in other categories. The company received the Silver Certificate in the Socially Beneficial Project category for its “Birell Ride” charity project, where people don’t help with money but by being active. Throughout the summer, a gate travelled around the Czech Republic and Birell donated the sum of CZK 5 for each cyclist who would ride under it as a contribution to the purchase of bikes for handicapped persons. Silver went to Plzensky Prazdroj also in the Responsible Reporting category. The series of achievements was completed by bronze in Diversity. This category looks at the balance in work teams in terms of age, gender and other aspects.
“We believe that we can be successful in our business conduct only if we build good relationships with others, use natural resources effectively and meet the expectations of our partners, consumers and the communities in which we operate. That’s why we are extremely pleased about all these awards, which also represent a reward for our employees. The awards are both motivation and commitment for us in terms of further development of our responsible approach to business conduct, which is also demonstrated in our Prosper strategy.” commented Drahomíra Mandíková, Plzensky Prazdroj’s Corporate Affairs Director.
Plzensky Prazdroj’s Spokesperson Judita Urbankova is available on the following contacts:
Mobile phone: +420 724 617 219
Notes for editors
- With total sales of over 10 million hectolitres in 2014 (including licensed production abroad) and exports to more than 50 countries around the world, Plzensky Prazdroj is a major beer producer in the region and the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzensky Prazdroj, a.s. is a member of SABMiller plc. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the world’s leading brewers, with more than 200 beer brands and some 70,000 employees in over 80 countries. The group’s portfolio includes the global brands Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft and Grolsch, as well as leading local brands such as Aguila (Colombia), Castle (South Africa), Miller Lite (USA), Snow (China), Victoria Bitter (Australia) and Tyskie (Poland).
- The Prosper program demonstrates our new approach to the field of sustainable development. For more information, visit the Prosper website by Plzensky Prazdroj
- The TOP Responsible Company competition is organised by the Business for Society platform – a leading expert platform of companies established with the objective to share and spread the principles of CSR and sustainable development in the Czech Republic. The awards are granted to companies which focus, in the long term and with a clear strategy, on the field of responsible business conduct, the development of society, reducing impacts on the environment and introducing innovative solutions. This year, the companies were assessed in three main strategic categories: Top Responsible Major Enterprise, Top Responsible Small Enterprise and 2015 Responsible Leader. The companies competed in 6 thematic categories: Future Workplace, Diversity, Responsible Product, Socially Beneficial Product, Company & School and Environmental Leader. A special category also included the Public Award and Responsible Reporting awards.