Extraordinary General Meeting of Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s.26.8.2005 Uncategorized
The Extraordinary General Meeting of Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. held on 26 August 2005 approved the purchase of shares held by minority shareholders.
The Extraordinary General Meeting was convened to comply with the request of the majority shareholder, based on Sec. 183i of the Czech Commercial Code. Pilsner Urquell Investments B.V. is the company’s majority shareholder with 96.85% of the registered capital.
The consideration proposed by the majority shareholder of CZK 17,686 per 1 share with a nominal value of CZK 1,000, or of CZK 177 per 1 share with a nominal value of CZK 10, was approved. Two independent evaluations by Deloitte and E&Y Valuations experts, confirmed the adequacy of the consideration.
x x x
1. Information on registered share capital
Registered capital: CZK 1,962,064,060
The company’s share capital is fully paid-up.
239,407 bearer shares with the nominal value of CZK 1,000
1,699,613 registered shares with the nominal value of CZK 1,000
2,304,406 bearer shares with the nominal value of CZK 10
2. Shareholder structure as at 31 March 2005
|Pilsner Urquell Investments B. V.,|
|Association of Licensed Beer Brewers of Pilsen||0.01 %|
|Other corporations||0.14 %|
x x x
Alexej Bechtin, Spokesperson
Phone: +420 2 57 287 315, Mobile: +420 724 617 219
- With total sales of more than 9.7 million hectolitres for the calendar year 2004 and with beer sold in over 50 countries of the world, Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. is the leading brewing company in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- In the financial year ended 31st March 2005, Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. employed, on a full-time equivalent basis, 2,694 people at the Pilsen, Nosovice and Velke Popovice breweries, as well as in 13 Sales and Distribution Centres throughout the Czech Republic.
- Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller plc, by volume the second largest global brewing company worldwide. Pilsner Urquell is an international flagship brand of SABMiller.