“Our employees have demonstrated an unprecedented level of solidarity. Managers, as well as people in the packaging plant and brewhouse, competed among themselves in how much they would donate and everybody was determined to help. I’d like to sincerely thank them all,” says Ivo Kanak, Plant Manager, Nosovice.
The fund-raising campaign for flood victims took place in the first half of July, with the participation of employees in all locations of the company. In total, 1,011 Plzensky Prazdroj employees contributed nearly CZK 400,000. After doubling and rounding it off, the company will transfer the sum to the People in Need’s account.
“Unlike the first wave of removing damage when the flood-stricken buildings had to be dried and first aid was needed, now the money will be used to repair and restore the damaged buildings. Thanks to donors such as Plzensky Prazdroj and its employees, we can finance repairs of whole buildings,” explains Martina Brenova, People in Need.
People in Need’s experts are now examining the condition and level of damage on buildings in the flood-stricken regions of Jesenik, Novy Jicin and Decin in order to identify those that are most eligible for help. “Prazdroj’s contribution can help repair, for example, the boiler room in an elementary school. We can also use it to finance repair of the station of voluntary fire-fighters who have also had a share in mitigating the flood damage. Another tip is a workshop in which one of the communities organises publicly beneficial work,” adds Martina Brenova. The facilities that need repair will be selected in about two weeks so that the money can be distributed as soon as possible.
X X X
- With its programme Prazdroj to the People (formerly Citizens’ Choice), Plzensky Prazdroj has been contributing to the development of culture and social life in communities since 2002.
- In the seven years of the programme, more than CZK 50 million has been distributed among 220 projects.
- In line with its policy of zero tolerance of alcohol behind the wheel, Plzensky Prazdroj supports the service called Promile INFO, which is provided by the non-profit organisation Sananim.
- The company also contributes to the projects of Dum svetla (the Lighthouse), focusing on help for HIV-positive people. It has, for example, helped purchase testing substances for HIV detection. The projects are supported from donations by the Plzensky Prazdroj’s managing board.
- The company’s total investment in projects to support sustainable development and environmentally-friendly solutions in breweries has amounted to CZK 67 million.
- With total sales of over 10.7 million hectolitres in the calendar year 2008 (including licensed production abroad) and exports to more than 50 countries around the world, Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s., is a major beer producer in the region and the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of the global group SABMiller plc. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
Manager external communication
Tel.:+420 724 617 219