In Radegast carrier from Olomouc, teamwork is the winner18.7.2010 Radegast
“The Radegast carrier from Beskydy competition is for real men who want to surpass their own limits and who want to experience something different. Every team that makes it to the finish line, wins,” further explained the Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
Even though this competition does not dwell on who reaches the finish first, the fastest team’s time was impressive. Team Šikulové completed the 5-kilometre track with steep inclines in 00:55:25. For their effort, members of the team took home 240 Radegast beers.
The team of hockey players from Olomouc, consisting of Jakub Bartoň and Tomáš Zbořil, did not get lost in the large number of competitors. “Jakub and I, we had great fun and we did it in good time too. It is clear that the summer training on dry land did its job,” Tomáš Zbořil commented the competition with a smile.
The fans were entertained both at the start and at the finish by a fun programme consisting of carriers, jumping boots, lifting of kegs, trapeze acrobats, and archery. Of course good food and especially correctly chilled Radegast was there as well.
“Just like with the Radegast carrier from Beskydy at the end of June in Ostravice, places in the Radegast carrier from Olomouc competition were in high demand. On July 31th, we will also take part in the Radegast carrier from Zlín at Luková by Zlín. Those interested can register at www.radegast.cz.” added P. Kmínek.
Notes to editors
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called “classic Czech lager” and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sales of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of the SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219