Radegast is introducing to the market an unfiltered lager15.9.2010 Radegast
“We have been brewing the unfiltered lager using traditional processes typical for Czech beer, using Czech ingredients, which means hops from Tršín and Žatec, malt from our own malt house and excellent water from the Morávka river,” said Manager or the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák.
The Radegast unfiltered lager is bitter and robust, which is typical for beer from Radegast. However, it differs from traditional Radegast Premium in many respects. “The unfiltered beer’s aroma is slightly estery and perfectly sweetened by malt aromas. In a nice sip, one can clearly detect the distinct aroma of fresh brewer’s yeast,” Ivo Kaňák described the taste of the unfiltered beer, which can be distinguished by its typical fog and light yellow color.
This delicacy will be offered at selected pubs and restaurants around Moravia. Owners of these establishments have to meet strict conditions for storing and serving the beer. A list of pubs and restaurants is available on the Radegast website. The unfiltered lager will be on the market by the end of this year, in celebration of Radegast’s 40th anniversary.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Annually, it produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called “classic Czech lager”and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 10.5 million hectoliters of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- – Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centers around the Czech Republic.
- – Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219