„Radegast Supports Moravian Hockey and this year is also celebrating its anniversary. That is why we agreed to go ahead with this untraditional challenge. I hope that this way fans of the beer will have fun and will also celebrate the brewery’s anniversary,“ said the Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
The players from Orlová heard the challenge and in one game they won 40 beers for their fans, thanks to their shots. „To shoot 40 shots and more at the opponent’s goalie in a game is very difficult and can’t always be done. We are happy that we won our fans 40 Radegast beers with our efforts and at the same time, I believe that they will push us forward in our upcoming games,“ said the forward from the Orlová team, Marek Ivan.
The beers will be prepared for the first 40 fans by the „C“ entrance to the arena in Orlová on Saturday an hour before the game at 4 pm.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called „classic Czech lager“ and also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and exports to more than 50 countries around the world, ranks with the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219