The new special beer, Radegast Extra Bitter, is unique due to its higher dose of hops – of the Žatec medium-ripening červeňák, which is the highest-quality Czech hops. „The new special is one of the bitterest beers on the Czech market. Despite its high intensity, the bitterness remains very pleasant and is well accompanied by the right flavour of malt,“ Manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák, further explained the taste of the new beer.
The serving of Radegast Extra Bitter from the tap will be officially launched on Thursday, January 6th, at 6 p.m., at seven places around Moravia at the same time.
Former hockey player, Vladimír Vůjtek, and the captain of the Vítkovice Hockey Club, Jiří Burger, will arrive at the U Doktora restaurant at Vesmír. Olympic athlete Jiří Raška will serve the first Radegast Extra Bitter at Radegastovna in Frenštát pod Radhoštěm. A similar scenario will take place in Orlová, where at Centrum people can welcome hockey player David Moravec. The celebrities will press the taps down at the same time in all towns. After the official launch of the service on tap, they all will be ready to sign autographs or to take photos with fans.
„For the first time in its history, Radegast brewed a special beer. We are happy that the real men from Moravia, among whom a lot are true legends, accepted our invitation and will be present at the celebration of the launch of the Radegast Extra Bitter beer“ said Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek. The new special is available not only in pubs but also as a bottle version in stores.
A list of places where the official launch of the Radegast Extra Bitter will take place and the names of the celebrities who will assist at the launch:
|U Doktora (Vesmír)
|Vladimír Vůjtek – former hockey representative Jiří Burger – captain of HC Vítkovice Steel
|Frenštát p. R.
|Jiří Raška – Olympic gold medallist
|David Moravec – Olympic gold medallist and World Champion
|Ice hockey arena
|Alexej Jaškin – member of the Gold Vsetín hockey dynasty
|Richard Brančík – captain of HC Olomouc
|Jan Maruna – forward for HC AZ Havířov
|Přemysl Vašut – captain of HC Bobři V.M.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called “classic Czech lager” and it also produces high–quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres, around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: + 420 724 617 219