The pub by the ice isn’t missing anything that any real put would have. Good food, the right bitter beer, a barman and especially the pleasant atmosphere. „It is really great to watch the hockey game while you are sitting in a pub and are enjoying steak tartar and beer. This really does not happen every day,“ said one spectator, David Dorotík from Havířov, assessing his experience in the pub during a game.
All fans of the Havířov HC can compete for a spot at this unique pub at all playoff games played in their home hockey arena. To enter the competition, they should have two beers from a stand and also fill out a card.
„I hope that players from Havířov will make it to the finals so that the fans can take full advantage of the Radegast pub. Havířov is the first place in the Moravian–Slezian region where we’ve built such a pub. Local fans definitely deserve it because any club from the higher league can envy the number of fans that attend the games,“ said manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2 million hectolitres of beer with the help of approximately 250 employees.
- It produces beer called „classic Czech lager“ and it also produces high–quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sales of close to 10 million hectolitres in the 2010 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s., is the leading producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC. Pilsner Urquell is an international flagship of the SABMiller brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents. SABMiller’s brands include important international names such as Grolsh, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and close to 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219