The Australian competition is organised by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria and is very highly regarded around the world. It is the third biggest professional beer competition in the world.
„At the competition, only beer which meets demanding quality parameters can receive a medal. A combination of excellent ingredients and traditional brewing processes had already brought us third-place medals,“ said the Manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák, noting the fact that in the past two competitions Radegast Premium beer also received impressive results. In both years, it was bronze.
„Our successes prove that our beer from Moravia is popular far beyond our borders. That is reason for us to be proud of it, and of our region,“ added Ivo Kaňák
The Australian International Beer Awards was launched in 1993. It is organised by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria in cooperation with the University of Ballart. Over time, it has become one of the most respected competitions in the world.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2 million hectolitres of beer with the help of approximately 250 employees.
- It produces beer called “classic Czech lager” and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sales of close to 10 million hectolitres in the 2010 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s., is the leading producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC Company. Pilsner Urquell is an international flagship of SABMiller brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents. SABMiller’s brand portfolio includes important international brands such as Grolsh, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and close to 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219