- Revenues from main activities decreased by 5.5% to CZK 14.559 billion
- Profit before tax decreased by 10.8 % to CZK 4.180 billion*
- Plzensky Prazdroj remains a significant contributor to the Czech economy
- CZK 4.7 bn paid in taxes is among 11 top corporate tax payers**
- CZK 53.8 million investing into communities development in last 12 month***
- CZK 5.9 billion of value generated for suppliers, of which 87% of sourced from the Czech Republic***
Doug Brodman, Managing Director of Plzeňský Prazdroj, comments on the results:
“Brewing industry plays a significant role in the Czech culture and the economy. Over the last 2 years, challenging market conditions have significantly influenced the whole Czech beer market. One of key adverse influences was beer excise tax increase during the difficult economic conditions. This measure did not meet government expectations at all and adversely impacted the brewing industry’s ability to develop and invest.
These market conditions have reflected in our results for the year, however, we have continued to invest not only into our breweries and brands but also to the development of communities where we operate. We will continue to retain our focus on further development of our brands, our people’s capability and delivering the best beer experience to our consumers.”
*This result does not include any one-off, extraordinary accounting entries.
**The total tax paid includes corporate income tax, VAT, excise tax, real estate tax and road tax.
***Source: Measurement of NGO Business for Society, Standard Responsible Company
NOTE: The financial highlights included in this report are not audited due to the spin off of the European Imports business unit, which was effective as of April 1 2010.
Notes for editors:
- With total sales of over 9.9 million hectolitres in the calendar year 2010 (including licensed production abroad) and exports to more than 50 countries around the world, Plzensky Prazdro, is a major beer producer in the region and the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of the SABMiller plc. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the world’s largest brewers, with brewing interests or distribution agreements in over 60 countries across six continents.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs 2 300 people in the breweries in Plzeň, Nošovice, Velké Popovice and 13 sales and distribution centers.
T: 724 617 219