Czechs were among the most frequent visitors of Radegast brewery, making 80% of the total number of visitors. Most visitors coming from abroad were from Poland. Tourists from Australia were those whose pilgrimage to Radegast was the longest.
They welcomed visitor number 10,000, Jan Janský from Frýdek–Místek, in the brewery in September 2010 already. In comparison to all months of the year, June was dominating; 1,690 tourists expressed their interest in beer brewing that month. Hundreds of people came to see the brewery during the Open Day in May and during the brewery’s biggest event, the Day of Radegast, in September. During September, American B–52 pilots visited the brewery as part of a celebration of NATO Days in Ostrava.
According to Martina Sikorová, Director of Visitor Center of Radegast brewery in Nošovice, they also pay attention to overall satisfaction of their visitors: „I often read in Guestbooks and browse through the comments of our guests. I am happy for every compliment, nevertheless, I do appreciate specific ideas for improvement.“ And in 2012, there will be a few of those. „We will focus on making the brewery guided tours more attractive. There will be more stops and we will improve the initial displays. The visitors won’t be denied their favorite Radegast beer tasting at the end of each tour,“ Martina Sikorová added.
Since 2010, they’ve welcomed visitors of Nošovice brewery in their Visitor Center, the Radegast Sanctuary. Here, the visitors can not only get information about the brewery and its guided tours, but also buy beer and Radegast–themed artefacts. Last year, it was mainly new sport collection, or Special Winter Edition of Radegast Extra Bitter. Currently, there is an exhibition of a complete beer glassware collection, and a sculpture of god Radegast from private collectors.
The attractive and modern Visitor Center was also used for many business meetings, workshops, and conventions last year.
Notes for editors:
- Beer brewery Radegast, one of the most modern beer breweries in Czech Republic, has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast Brewery has been a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group, Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc., since 1999
- With its total sale of nearly 10 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Phone: +420 724 617 219