The four–member teams will have to deliver a full keg of beer from the town of Ostravice to the summit of Lysá Mountain in the shortest amount of time. They will have to conquer elevations of 900 meters, withstand traditionally unpredictable weather conditions, and show an excellent sense of cooperation. The guides will carry the keg on a traditional wooden carrier used for the supplying of mountain huts.
The contest will run in the Beskydy Mountains for the fourth time this year. „Every year, the number of applications increases. These are men who like to accept the challenge, and collect an unforgettable experience. The participants from the last three years agree that just taking part in the contest itself is a great experience,“ Michal Kučera, Radegast Brand Junior Manager, explained the motivation of contest participants.
The reward for each team participating in the contest (limited to a maximum of four members) is a 50 kg keg of Radegast beer for each and every one of them. The fastest team will receive four kegs plus a very special cup.
The contestants may apply for participation in the Radegast Beskydy Mountain Guide Contest online at www.radegast.cz. The most updated information will be available at www.adrenalincup.com. The application deadline is June 21, 2012.
Manager external communication
Phone: +420 724 617 219
Notes for editors:
- Radegast beer brewery, one of the most modern beer breweries in Czech Republic, has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery is a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc. since 1999
- With total sales of nearly 10 million hectoliters during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.