Gambrinus Beer From National Team Members Is Ready For Fans30.5.2012 Gambrinus
In Hotel Praha, Václav Pilař and Vladimír Šmicer took on the task of tasting the beer founded by their colleagues. However, Milan Petržela, David Lafata, and Theodor Gebre Selassie were there as well to check the results of their work. „You guys have made a wonderful „Gambáč“ („Gumbhuch“ – a commonly used Czech nickname for Gambrinus beer). However, just a sip today. We have a practise in the afternoon.” The team’s manager praised the five who, on April 24th, in Pilsen, became beer brewers for a while. “It was an interesting experience. I am glad we did not do anything wrong, and the beer came out great,” Petržela commented on his activities in the brewery.
The fans will have a chance to enjoy the team members’ beer during EURO in restaurants serving Gambrinus beer. „We hope that there will be many occasions for a toast during the Czech team matches,“ Jan Kovář said, expressing his best luck wishes to the Czech soccer players at the European championship. „And for those who will support the team at home, or perhaps in front of giant screens on town squares around the Czech Republic, we have prepared a special edition of the beer in cans,“ Kovář added.
It is exactly this edition of beer cans with a unique soccer motif signed by the national team members, together with national jerseys, and balls, that will be given away as prizes in a contest prepared by Gambrinus for the fans in June.
Manager external communication
Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc
p.: +420 724 617 219
Notes for editors:
- The wide portfolio of the Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with a low sugar content.
- Since 2012, Gambrinus added the Gambrinus Crisp Lemon and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are typically known for their lower alcohol content and refreshing taste.
- Thanks to following the original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer, and also thanks to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the quality trademark „Czech Beer.“
- The history of the Gambrinus brand goes all the way back to 1869. Gambrinus is a beer that won the hearts and minds of its consumers, thanks to its high quality and preservation of its original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is a member of SABMiller plc. With its total sale of nearly 9.9 millions of hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller’s portfolio includes such important international brands as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.