Because of the popularity of wheat beer Fénix being served with a crescent of an orange, Plzeňský Prazdroj decided to secure an exclusive supplier of oranges specifically dedicated to be served with the beer. Fénix’s fresh taste and aroma comes from the use of a wheat malt, orange peels, and a dash of cilantro during its production. The important part of the properly served Fénix is a crescent of an orange that pleasantly completes the look and the taste of this beer. „The quality of our products is fundamental to us. The beer must be perfect, and so must be everything that completes the experience of its consumption. For the season of summer festivals, we have, therefore, decided to secure the first–rate quality oranges that are so important for proper serving of Fénix,“ Jakub Štěpán, Fénix Beer Brand Manager of Plzeňský Prazdroj describes their motives.
We would like to reach out to those citrus fruit suppliers that are able to secure fresh, juicy, rather sweeter oranges for all our summer festivals. At this time, there is a plan to purchase between 50 and 100,00 pieces during the time period from June to September 2012. Plzeňský Prazdroj company will reach out to the top citrus fruits suppliers itself. However, any importer or distributor of citrus fruits can submit their offer at . There you can also submit any additional questions and other related requests.
The selected supplier will get the contract to secure oranges for all important summer events where the wheat beer Fénix will be served.
For more information contact:
Vladimír Jurina, Plzeňský Prazdroj, phone: +420 724 617 886
Notes for editors:
- Phoenix beer brand was first introduced to the public on February 29, 2012.
- Wheat beer Phoenix is notable for its light taste and fresh aroma achieved by a combination of wheat malt, orange peels, and a dash of cilantro.
- Recommended Retail Price of Phoenix wheat beer with an alcohol content of 4.9% is 25,- CZK per 0.4 l.
- The list of restaurants serving the beer is constantly expanded and updated, and it is available at www.fenixinspiration.cz.
- With its total sale of nearly 10 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.