For several years now, Plzeňský Prazdroj has been working hard to ensure that Pilsner Fest improves every year. It should be a place where people feel good and are happy to return. Both the cleanliness of the event area during the festival and the responsible approach to alcohol consumption by all participants added to the pleasant atmosphere.
This year too, organisers motivated thousands of visitors to dispose their trash into designated bins only. Hundreds of thousands of various paper and plastic packaging ended up in eight high-capacity containers where it was sorted by 14 designated workers. For the overall cleanliness of the event area during the festival and for the subsequent sorting and recycling of the collected waste, Pilsner Fest received the Clean Festival certificate.
„Pilsner Fest is an important event visited every year by tens of thousands of visitors. It is important to us that people feel good there. Therefore, we are trying to motivate everybody to sort and recycle. We are pleased to see that visitors do not object to join in with us in such a sensible activity as the Clean Festival project surely is. Recycling is a natural part of our approach to responsible social behaviour and to our business practises,“ Vladimír Jurina of Plzeňský Prazdroj said.
The ecological project Clean Festival is initiated by the authorised packaging company Eko–KOM. The vision of the campaign is to bring recycling and separation of waste to public, open–air, big events. For fulfilling strict ecological criteria, each participating festival receives a one-year certificate from the Eko–KOM Company. The following year, every awarded festival must fulfil strict requirements and thus prove that it still is an ecological festival.
Another key area which Plzeňský Prazdroj, as a beer producer, supports and propagates is responsible alcohol consumption. At the event this year, visitors had a chance to use Promile Info services to find out if their blood alcohol level is zero. 118 people used an approximate breath test on a calibrated tester, and 215 visitors installed the Smartphone application Promile INFO, which gives information about the time when the level of the consumed alcohol in their blood will drop to zero. Furthermore, visitors took with them single use “alcotesters” for later use. This year’s novelty was the relax zone K-lee-deck, where anyone could get various information regarding responsible alcohol consumption directly from experts. According to the rules of responsible communication, the festival beverage menu included the non–alcoholic beer Birell on draught, too.
„I am happy that our cooperation with Plzeňský Prazdroj stepped up to a new level in the area of responsible alcohol consumption. The K-lee-deck zone provided us with much better contact with festival visitors, our work was much more effective, and I believe that we have also added to the pleasant atmosphere of the entire event,” Jiří Richter, Director of Civic Association SANANIM said.
For more information contact:
phone: +420 724 617 886
Notes for editors:
- You can find Plzeňský Prazdroj’s recommendation regarding responsible alcoholic beverage consumption at www.napivosrozumem.cz.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. and the Town of Plzeň are longtime partners in the field of marketing cooperation in tourism. Founded on the Declaration of Mutual Cooperation, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc supports many cultural events in Pilsen, and the Town of Plzeň is a traditional co–organiser of Pilsner Fest.
- With a total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the year 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of the SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes such important international brands as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.