Beer Brewing Museum Announces the Winners of the Best Christmas Gingerbread Creations Contest18.12.2013 Uncategorized
The winners are:
Traditional gingerbread cookie: Ivona Krajíčková – Collection “Christmas Motifs”
Gingerbread creation: Vlaďka Zapletalíková – Model “A Church in Winter”
Children’s gingerbread cookie Karolínka Buhlová – Collection “Czech Christmas”
Beer motif: Eliška Pálková – A Foreman Cart Prazdroj
The jury has awarded also a special prize for an original gingerbread cookie to Miss Jana Buhlova for her “Beer Balloon Pilsner Urquell.”
“We at the Beer Brewing Museum know how to appreciate creativity and handiness. Now our visitors can also enjoy the gingerbread gems during tours. Especially in the new ‘beer category,’ there are a lot of original pieces to be much admired,” said Vendula Hnojská of the Beer Brewing Museum, commenting on the submissions in the 10th year of the competition.
The contest for the most beautiful gingerbread cookies is a traditional part of advent at the Beer Brewing Museum, and every year creators of all ages submit their masterfully designed and intriguingly decorated sugar products. This year, Jiří Špinka and Eva Podzemská, the restorers of the West Bohemian Museum in Pilsen; Martina Klímová , a gingerbread baker; Jiří Suchánek, director of EHMK; and Vendula Hnojská, director of the Beer Brewing Museum in Plzeňský Prazdroj, took on the difficult task of selecting the best piece in each category.
Classical Christmas motifs and less traditional gingerbreads of various shapes, sizes and colours are available on display from December 19 to the 31, 2013 in Beer Brewing Museum, every day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. as a part of the unique fixed exposition. More information about the Beer Brewing Museum is available at www.prazdrojvisit.cz/cz/pivovarske-muzeum/.
Notes for editors:
- Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery activities for visitors include Visitors Center (centre), Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus visitors’ tours, Beer Brewing Museum, and Plzeň Historic Underground in the center (centre) of the town.
- You can get inspired to visit by visiting www.prazdrojvisit.cz first. The website is dedicated to visitors’ tours, and to all services offered by the brewery for its visitors.
- Besides Czech, English, and German, visitors may too hear the tours narratives in French, Chinese, and Russian.
- The brewery’s offer includes also the social and cultural center (centre) “Secese,” which is available for organizing (organising) various celebrations, and cultural, educational, or presentation functions.
- Beer Brewing Museum is located in the original house-with-the-rights-to-brew-beer in Veleslavínova Street, which has been preserved in an original and authentic shape. The Museum first opened in 1959 as a part of celebrations of 100th anniversary of a trade mark “Plzeňské pivo” (Pilsen beer).
- An 800 meters (metres) long tour of Plzeň Historic Underground is accessible from the building of Beer Brewing Museum. The labyrinth of pathways, cellars, and wells was being built under the Town of Plzeň since the 14th century, and it is closely connected with the history and the present of the town.
- In 2010, 226,000 visitors from all around the world visited the brewery, Beer Brewing Museum, and the Underground. The Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery itself is considered the most attractive tourist destination in Czech Republic.
- Department of Tourism and Cultural Heritage Care of Plzeňský Prazdroj is responsible for visitors tours, tourism, and the sale of souvenirs in Velké Popovice and Radegast breweries. In 2012, all touristic destinations and points of interest under the care of Plzeňský Prazdroj welcomed more than 310,000 visitors in total.
Press contact of Plzeňský Prazdroj Kateřina Krásová is available to media at:
Mobile: +420 724 617 219 Email:
Plzeňský Prazdroj in social media: