“Thanks to the support of Plzeňský Prazdroj, we can decrease the price from 20 crowns to 9, which hopefully pleases not only the service's users but subsequently also us, because the number of users will rise. The new phone number for the SMS service is 900 09 09. Also those that haven't used the Promile INFO service yet can now see its easy usefulness for free on the web,” says Jiří Richter, executive director of SANANIM civic association that runs the service.
There is a more attractive new graphical design of all the services' communication materials – cards, banners, ads, www.promile.info website. The main target group of the services are drivers, so the visual displays elements of traffic accidents – broken glass and an alcoholmeter.
“Prazdroj's support isn't limited to finance, but it also tries to raise awareness of the service. We are looking for new ways to familiarize beer consumers with Promile INFO. That's why pubs and restaurants serving Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus will start to use new beer coasters. These will present Promile INFO exclusively and will include instructions for using the service. Approximately one tenth of the coasters will be used for promotion. The remaining 90 percent will display a link to the www.napivosrozumem.cz website,” says Luděk Kraus from Plzeňský Prazdroj.
Thanks to a new JAVA application, the service's users can now more comfortably enter a query when their blood alcohol level decreases to zero. The application also sends an SMS priced at 9 Kč. It can be downloaded from www.promile.info, wap.promile.info or at promotional events.
The Promile INFO services aims for presentations on events with the biggest possible reach. Just last year, thanks to its partnership with Plzeňský Prazdroj, Promile INFO addressed thousands of visitors of nearly twenty festivals across the entire Czech Republic. The same is true this year, and on top of that, there will be a Bluetooth transmitter at all these venues, and those interested will be able to download the new JAVA application to their mobile phones for free.
SANANIM civic association
It is the largest non-governmental organization providing care and treatment to non-alcohol drug addicts in the Czech Republic. Currently, the organization runs ten key programs – outreach programs, contact center, CADAS, day care facility, therapeutic communities in Karlov and Němčice, aftercare center with sheltered housing, drug information center, job and social agency, consulting center for parents – and a number of complementary programs. The individual projects of the association are run by more than 120 employees and external workers.
Plzeňský Prazdroj as a responsible beer producer
Plzeňský Prazdroj takes an active part in promoting the prevention of negative consequences of excessive or inappropriate consumption of alcoholic beverages and advocates a responsible approach to alcohol consumption on its own as well as being a member of the Responsible Brewers Initiative.
With total sales of 10.7 million hectoliters in the year 2008 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is the leading beer producer in the region and the largest exporter of Czech beer. Plzeňský Prazdroj is a member of SABMiller plc, one of the largest brewing companies worldwide.
How does Promile INFO work?
- The service is available via SMS and WAP, and it can be tried on the internet.
- How to use the service with a mobile phone? According to the simple instructions or through the JAVA application, the user sends an SMS query with information about sex, age and weight, starting time of the consumption of alcoholic beverages and their type and volume.
- Within a minute, a reply is sent with information about the current blood alcohol level and approximate time of it dropping to zero. The reply also includes brief information on risks associated with the determined alcohol level.
- One “Promile INFO” costs 9 Kč. The money goes towards the prevention and addiction treatment programs of SANANIM civic association and operation of the service.
- The main partner of the service is Plzeňský Prazdroj, central Europe's leading brewing company, which promotes the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages.