“A hundred beers for each win is a nice bonus and good news not only for players, but for fans as well. I am sure that we will find a way to share it with them and to thank them for their support,” promised Martin Potočný, captain of the Orlová hockey team.
The ambitious team from Orlová will meet in the quarterfinals with a dangerous team from Nový Jičín. However, all fans of the Orlová hockey team believe that the season won’t end with this game, but a lot later.
“I believe that the motivation in the form of beer will add a good mood and relaxation in the locker room of the Orlová team,” said manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek, who added that this motivation in Orlová is not the first one in this season: “We brought our promotional team to selected games and they entertained the fans before and after the game. Players met the fans at a pub. Setting a record in hockey attacks on the goalie, as part of the celebration of the 80th anniversary of hockey in Orlová, was a big hit.”
Various activities are part of the Radegast Supports Moravian Hockey concept.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called “classic Czech lager” and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sales of 10.7 million hectolitres in the calendar year of 2008 and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s., is the leading producer of beer in the Czech Republic and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,500 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice i breweries and in 13 distribution centres around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219