“I am happy that our company has a close working relationship with Plzeňský Prazdroj. That relationship began in 2008, when we conducted a study at the Plzeň brewery. It was a feasibility study dealing with relocating the manifolds and technology that make up the energy center. Our partners could see for themselves that with high quality energy consulting services, one can start seeing considerable energy savings. The compression room in Velké Popovice is proof that the realization of planned measures, together with service of new parts of the energy system, can add to the calculated energy savings,” stated Daniel Morys, Sales Director of ČEZ Energetické služby.
“The Velké Popovice brewery is a traditional place where Czech beer is brewed. The production processes and original beer recipes are extremely important to us. It is important to brew beer so that our current customers enjoy it just as much as our customers did at the beginning. We use only natural ingredients in our brewing – malt, hops, and water. That is why we try to protect the environment and our sustainable resources. We are already able to recycle just about all secondary products from the production and waste. Saving energy is one of our priorities and we are happy that our cooperation with ČEZES will add to it,” said Jaroslav Gubiš, Special Project Manager at Plzeňský Prazdroj.
At the end of last year, ČEZ Energetické služby and Plzeňský Prazdroj signed a contract to build a central compression room and to replace the compressors. The new compression room would supply compressed air for the Velké Popovice brewery. ČEZ Energetické služby took care of the new compression room – completely. The delivery began with a building permit, continued with construction, and culminated with the installation of all the control technology. Velké Popovice brewery will pay the investment off in the delivery price during the next ten years.
Notes to editors:
ČEZ Energetické služby
- ČEZ Energetické služby, s.r.o. is a 100% daughter company of ČEZ, a.s.
- Their main business activities are supplying and servicing energy stations of companies, managing public lighting systems and a complex technical service of energy facilities and units.
- EH Vítkovice, EH Mohelnice and EH Colorlak are among some of the largest energy stations which are managed by ČEZ Energetické služby.
- ČEZ Energetické služby service and manage public lighting systems in approximately 200 towns and municipalities in the Czech Republic.
- With total sale of 10.5 million hectoliters in the calendar year of 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s., is the leading producer of beer in the Czech Republic and the biggest exporter of Czech beer. Main brands of the Pzeňský Prazdroj in the Czech Republic are Pilsner Urquell, Gambrinus, Radegast, and Velkopopovický Kozel.
- 10 Corporate Responsibility priorities of the Plzeňský Prazdroj: 1. Promotion of responsible alcohol consumption, 2. Decrease in water use, 3.Lowering energy and CO2 emissions, 4. Use of recycled or returned packaging material, 5. Heading towards production with no waste, 6. Cooperation with suppliers – buyers, who share our values, 7. Respect of human rights, 8. Contribution to decreasing HIV/AIDS, 9. Support of local communities 10. A transparent declaration of results.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC Pilsner Urquell group, it is an international flagship of SABMiller portfolio of brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219