Prazdroj’s contribution to czech economy: czk 40 billion in 10 years3.6.2010 Company
In the past 10 years, the company has contributed close to CZK 40bn** to public finances. For a long time, the company has ranked among the 20 biggest Czech corporate income tax payers, this year taking 10th place on this chart.
Plzensky Prazdroj contributes to the development of employment not only directly, having been repeatedly declared the best employer in the region, but also indirectly, by creating job opportunities on the side of business partners and suppliers. With its presence, Plzeňský Prazdroj creates approximately 36,000 jobs** in the Czech Republic, whether it be the 2,400 employees in the three breweries and 13 sales&distribution centres, or indirectly the jobs created in transport, retail, the hospitality industry, other services and agriculture. Thus, it accounts for two-thirds of all jobs created by the brewing industry in the Czech Republic.
In 2009, Plzeňský Prazdroj produced and sold 10.5 million hectolitres of beer, of which almost one-quarter was consumed in more than 50 countries around the world, strengthening the name of Czech beer abroad.
* According to a study by Ernst&Young conducted for Brewers of Europe, and the Regioplan Policy Research on the economic benefit of SABMiller breweries in individual European countries, August 2009
** The total tax paid includes corporate income tax, VAT, excise tax, real estate tax and road tax.
X X X
Notes for editors:
- With total sales of over 10.5 million hectolitres in the calendar year 2009 and exports to more than 50 countries around the world, Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s., is a major beer producer in the region and the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. employs approximately 2,400 employees in the breweries in Pilsen, Nosovice and Velke Popovice and in 13 sales and distribution centres across the Czech Republic.
- Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of the group SABMiller plc. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the world’s largest brewers, with brewing interests or distribution agreements in over 60 countries across six continents.
Manager external communication
tel.: +420 724 617 219