A total of 41 projects from not-for-profit organizations and subsidized organizations were submitted to the ninth annual program, PRAZDROJ TO PEOPLE, in Plzeň. Since 2002, when Prazdroj launched the project under the name Občanská Volba (the Civic Choice), hundreds of local organizations participated in the program and 458 projects asked for support.
On Monday, the Board of Representatives, which consists of important personalities from the region together with representatives from Plzeňský Prazdroj, selected 25 projects, which will be in the hands of the public, who will decide their destiny. “To evaluate the projects and to decide which should continue onto public voting is not an easy task. Even this year, the majority of projects were very interesting. Again, the Board of Representatives concentrated during their selection on main points such as how long each project will take and how many people will benefit from it,” says Vlasta Formánková, a Supreme Court judge.
The list of projects for which the public can send their votes starting from October 1st until November 30th:
PRESERVATION OF BOHEMICAL LITURGIC PRESS FROM 1585
Studijní a vědecká knihovna Plzeňského kraje (Educational and Research Library from the Plzeň region)
SUMMER THEATRE UNDER THE PLZEŇ SKY
31. SMETANOVSKÉ DNY 2011 (31st Smetana Daya 2011)
Sdružení Lochotínský pavilon (Association Lochotínský Pavillion)
15th Annual International Festival of Folklore CIOFF „PLZEŇ 2011″
Plzeňská folklorní scéna, o.s. (The Plzeň Folklore group)
CHURCH OF ST. MIKULÁŠ IN PLZEŇ – RENOVATION OF THE INTERIOR
Sdružení pro opravu památek v Rokycanech a okolí (Association for restoration of monuments in Rokycany and its region)
EQUIPMENT FOR A HOME FOR A SPECIAL REGIMENT AND A WEEKLY SOCIAL WELFARE CENTRE
Městská charita Plzeň (City charity Plzeň)
I WON’T STAY ON THE STREET AND I WILL LEARN A LOT
Salesiánské hnutí mládeže Klub Plzeň (SHM) (Salesian Youth Club Plzeň)
NEW HELP CENTRE LEDOVEC
Mezinárodní asociace filmařů a fotografů o.s. (International Association of Filmmakers and Photographers)
WE LIVE WITH DIABETES
SVAZ DIABETIKŮ ČR (Czech diabetic association), regional organization Plzeň
BONJOUR PLZEŇ 2011!
Alliance française de Plzeň
TALK, I AM WATCHING!
Plzeňská unie neslyšících (Plzeň union of deaf people)
“WE WILL HAVE A PLACE TO PLAY” A Multi-functional cultural centre
TJ Sokol Plzeň – Nová Hospoda, o.s.
WE WILL BE BETTER, FASTER AND CHEAPER WITH A CAR
Salesiánské středisko mládeže – dům dětí a mládeže Plzeň (Salesian youth centre – children and youth centre Plzeň)
SKILLED HANDS PLEASE THE EYE
Centrum pro zdravotně postižené Plzeňského kraje (CZP PK) (Centre for the Handicapped from the Plzeň region)
A RECREATIONAL CAMP FOR HANDICAPPED CHILDREN FOCUSING ON MOVEMENT
Oblastní spolek Českého červeného kříže Plzeň jih a sever (Regional club of the Czech Red Cross, Plzeň south and north)
LONELINESS IS BAD
Svaz postižených civilizačními chorobami v ČR o.s. (Association of those affected by civilization diseases in Czech Republic)
WE LOVE ANIMALS S.O.S.
Life for horses – a centre for old and abused horses
A GREEN GARDEN FOR CHILDREN
RENOVATION OF A MULTIFUNCTIONAL PLAYGROUND in the borough Plzeň 5 – Křimice
Sdružení občanů Plzeň – Křimice (Association of inhabitants from Plzeň – Křimice)
PLZEŇ – A CITY WHERE I LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE
FAIR LIFE o.s.
PURCHASE OF A HORSE FOR BASIC TRAINING AND HIPOTHERAPY
TJ Jezdecká společnost Plzeň Bory, o.s. (TJ Riding Club Plzeň Bory)
WE ARE BREAKING DOWN COMMUNICATION BARRIERS
Národní rada osob se zdravotním postižením ČR (Czech National Disability Council) – a counselling room for users of social services Plzeň
SOS RODINA (FAMILY)
Diakonie ČCE – the centre in Plzeň
The final division of the gift, which is 3 million Czech crowns (158,412 USD), among the most supported projects, will take place at the beginning of December based on the results from:
1. Public voting: Projects which the Board of Representatives recommends will be presented to the general public in local media and at public places during October and November of 2010. The voting coupon will be also published (in print and on the Internet) and in the format of text messages with donations (a project will receive 2 points for the first DMS). Anyone can support any project he or she chooses in any of three ways (coupon, Internet, DMS) and award his or her project up to four points. Besides two points from the first DMS from one phone number, the project will also be supported financially, which can be repeated. One can send an unlimited number of DMS’s and each correctly sent DMS will award the project 27 Czech crowns (1.40 USD). The project with the highest number of points will receive the entire amount requested (maximum of 500,000 Czech crowns) (26,402 USD).
2. Voting by the employees of the Plzeňský Prazdroj: The project with the highest number of votes from employees from Plzeňský Prazdroj will receive the whole amount requested in the project (maximum of 500,000 Czech crowns or 26,402 USD).
3. Voting by the Board of Representatives: After the end of pubic voting, the Board of Representatives has the right to choose one project, disregarding the number of votes awarded from the general public, and can decide the amount of support which the project will receive. This kind of project can receive up to 100% of the requested amount (maximum of 500,000 Czech crowns or 26,402 USD).
Detailed information about the projects which are asking for support from the public through various forms of voting will be published after November 1st at www.prazdrojlidem.cz.
*Preferred are areas which support non-professional sports, cultural or entertainment activities or other kinds of recreational activities. Support for inclusion of socially weak, handicapped or of minorities into society is welcome; projects improving the environment and equipment for activities for the handicapped and socially disadvantaged citizens, for example, seniors, mothers with children, etc.
Notes to editors:
- With total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres in the 2009 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj is the biggest producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- 10 Corporate Responsibility priorities of Plzeňský Prazdroj: 1. Promotion of responsible alcohol consumption, 2. Decrease water consumption, 3. Lower energy consumption and level of emissions, 4. Use of recycled or returned packaging material, 5. Heading towards operation with no waste, 6. Cooperation with partners who share our values, 7. Support for regional development, 8. Contribution to decreasing HIV/AIDS, 9. Respect of human rights, 10. A transparent declaration of results.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj became the national champion at a European competition, the European Corporate Responsibility Award, for the best project in Corporate Responsibility. The competition took place under the seal of the European Union and also received 2nd place at the CSR Awards 2010 for active support of responsible alcohol consumption.
- In 2001, Plzeňský Prazdroj invested in development of energy from renewable resources a total of
- 41.5 million Czech crowns (2.122559 million USD) It directly employs more than 2,300 people and indirectly creates employment for about 33,600 positions.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC Pilsner Urquell group. It is an international flagship of SABMiller brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents. Group of brands SABMiller includes important international brands such as Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and close to 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Ph. no: +420 724 617 219