„Easter is the point of the season when we begin to welcome a lot of visitors to the brewery. That is why we try to be well prepared and offer our visitors a fun–filled programme. This year, visitors will find out a lot of interesting information about Easter at home and in other countries and cultures in an entertaining way,“ stated Jitka Froydová from Plzeňský Prazdroj.
On their way through the Plzeň Historical Underground, visitors can find out a lot of information about the history of Plzeň as they walk through the labyrinth of tunnels and wells. With the help of an entertaining quiz they will also be introduced to Easter traditions beyond our borders, for example in Germany, France, and Italy, or even in Australia and Asia.
Later on in the Beer Museum, those interested in a sightseeing tour will be given a series of tasks. They won’t be looking for Easter eggs, but for index cards with clues which will help them solve tasks thematically tied to Easter. Visitors will, for example, guess different kinds and types of Easter eggs, they will make an Easter carol or they will match days with traditions during Easter week.
Everybody who takes part will be rewarded. Children will get sweets and adults will taste Pilsner beer right at its birthplace.
After the demanding job of fulfilling these tasks, visitors can relax and refresh themselves at local restaurants Na Parkánu or Na Spilce, where the standard menu is filled with traditional, Easter–inspired dishes. One can enjoy rabbit leg roasted on bacon, chicken with spring stuffing or lamb chops with Easter dressing. The dishes are served with Kozel Černý, dark, special Master and Master Tmavý, dark, and Pilsner Urquell filtered and unfiltered.
Notes to editors:
- Activities at Plzeň Prazdroj for visitors of the city of Plzeň include the visitors’ centre, sightseeing tours of Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus, as well as the Beer Museum and the historical underground area in the city centre.
- Inspiration for a brewery visit can be found on the website www.prazdrojvisit.cz, which is dedicated to information about sightseeing tours and to services offered to visitors of the brewery.
- Visitors can listen to the audio materials for the sightseeing tour not only in Czech, English or German, but also in French, Chinese or Russian.
- One of the services and features offered by the brewery is the cultural and event centre, Secese, which can be used for parties, for cultural and educational events and for presentations.
- The beer museum in Plzeň is situated in the original brewery, which has been kept in its original state on Veleslavínova Street. The museum opened in 1959, for the 100th anniversary of the brand Pilsner beer.
- The 800–metre–long sightseeing tour of the Plzeň Historical Underground can be accessed from the Beer Museum building. A labyrinth of halls, cellars and wells was built under the city of Plzeň in the 14th century. It is tied to the history and existence of the city.
- More than 226,000 visitors from all around the world visited the brewery, the Beer Museum and the Historical Underground in 2010. Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in the Czech Republic.
- The Department of Tourism and Care for Cultural Heritage also oversees sightseeing tours, tourism and the sale of souvenirs in breweries in Velké Popovice and Radegast. In 2010, more than 250,000 tourists visited the tourist attractions and sites which are in the care of Plzeňský Prazdroj.
+420 724 617 219