The first group will take off from the Visitors’ Centre and participate in a 90–minute tour of the brewery at 8:00 a.m. The last tour starts when the clock hits the mark of 4:00 p.m. Next to many other attractive artefacts, a unique collection of beer glasses and a sculpture of the god Radegast will be on display.
„This year’s Open Door Day will be very different from the preceding ones thanks to the new Visitors’ Centre and the presence of the master coopers. Therefore I would very much like to invite even those visitors who’ve already come to see us in the past,“ said Ivo Kaňák, manager of Radegast.
Open Door Day is always very popular among visitors. Through its history, 6,500 people have come to take part in its events. For that reason, it is useful to reserve a tour time in advance at +420 558 602 566 or via e-mail at .
On May 1st, entrance to the brewery is free.
Notes of editors:
- The beer-brewing company Radegast, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been producing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, the Radegast brewery has been part of the biggest group of beer–brewing companies in the Czech Republic, Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- With about 250 employees, Radegast produces more than 2 million hl. of beer a year.
- The brewery produces „classic Czech lager“ beer and is also a producer of its own quality malt, made in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery produced its ten millionth beer.
- With total sales of nearly ten million hectolitres in the 2010 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is the foremost beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller plc. The Pilsner Urquell brand is the international flagship of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the world’s biggest beer-brewing companies, with beer brewing and beer distribution activities in more than 60 countries around the world and across six continents. SABMiller’s brands include important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and nearly 200 successful regional and national brands.
Manager external communication
Phone: +420 724 617 219