Each team that comes to the finish line within the time limit will receive 60 beers. The winning team will receive as many as 240 beers. Manager of the Redegast brand, Marek Málek, agrees that it is not that important to be first: “Competitions of carriers are about courage, about stretching your limits and about great experiences. All can enjoy that feeling of winning when they arrive at the finish line, no matter what the results.”
A couple of hockey players from Vsetín, Dan Vaněk and Pavel Zavrtálek, will also set out on this 3 kilometer track with a heavy load. They both have an idea that the task ahead of them will not be easy. “It is a very heavy load; I just hope that it will go well. Maybe we will recommend doing this as part of our preparation for the whole team,” said Dan Vaněk with a smile.
Radegast Carrier from Zlín will start at the soccer field in Lukov at 11 a.m. Spectators can look forward to entertainment in the form of live music performances, juggling, hockey, a rooster competition, and other attractions. The results will be announced at 5 p.m.
Radegast Carrier from Zlín is the third part of the series of carrier competitions which take place in Moravia during summer. Ostravice in Beskydy and Olomouc, both already watched these strong men compete. The last competition will take place the last Saturday in July in Ostrava.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2 million hectoliters of beer with the help of approximately 250 employees.
- It produces beer called “classic Czech lager” and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its 10 billionth beer.
- With total sale of close to 10 million hectoliters in the 2010 calendar year (including licenced production abroad) and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s. is the leading producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of the SABMiller PLC Company. Pilsner Urquell is an international flagship of SABMiller brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents. Group of brands SABMiller includes important international brands such as Grolsh, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and close to 200 successful regional and national brands.
Contact person at Prazdroj:
PUblic Relations Officer, Ph. no.: 724 617 219