The opening match with Russia was a bad start for the Czech National Team. Regardless, the players still have a chance to advance from the basic group A. They must successfully manage Greece and the home team of Poland. Gambrinus, the official partner of the Czech National Soccer Team as well as their fans, wants to see Czechs apply an offensive game approach in these two matches. And so, the brand announced a special bonus price in case of the team’s advance from the Euro 2012 basic group A. The size of the price is purely in the hands of the players: „For each goal scored, the team will get a keg of Gambrinus Original 10° beer because the advance from the basic group is a real reason for a toast,“ Jan Doležel, Senior Manager of Gambrinus Brand said.
The kegs will go to the whole team and not only to those who score. „The whole team will enjoy the scored Gambrinus since the success is the work of all. From the goalkeeper to those players who crown the effort of the team by scoring a goal,“ Doležel added. „Even the coach and the team’s assistants deserve the beer prize in case of a success.“ He did not forget to mention the group of people behind the team working hard to support it.
The players know the beer they might be deserving for their performance at the Championship very well. It is exactly the batch that has been prepared by David Lafata, Milan Petržela, David Limberský, Theodor Gebre Selassie, and Jiří Štajner in Pilsen just a month ago. They tasted the finished beer right after their return from their final preparation in Austria. „You have made a great „Gambáč“ (gumbhach), you guys,“ Vladimír Šmicer, National Team Manager praised the five who on April 24, in Pilsen, became master–brewers for a while.
„I hope, we will be preparing many kegs of our beer for the players as the prize for scored goals at the Championship,“ Doležel, Senior Manager of Gambrinus Brand – the long–time partner of Czech National Soccer Team – expressed his wishes for advance of the team at the Championship.
Manager external communication
Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc.
+420 724 617 219
Notes for editors:
- The wide portfolio of Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with low content of sugar.
- Since 2012, Gambrinus added Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are typical for lower alcohol content and refreshing taste.
- Thanks to following the original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer, and also thanks to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the quality trademark “Czech Beer.”
- The history of Gambrinus brand goes way back to 1869. Gambrinus is beer that won hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and preserving of original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is member of SABMiller plc. With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.