Prazdroj and Interspar are Introducing a New Concept of Shopping in “The World of Beer”29.8.2012 Company
The importance of packaged beer sales is rising. About 55% of total beer production is sold on the beer market. The goal of the project is to introduce a new standard of beer shopping that will offer easier navigation through beer selection, and information about beer, its varieties, the exceptionality and typical characteristics of Czech Beer, and facts about the geographical trademark Czech Beer.
„We know that our consumers like beer and consider it a Czech national beverage. We are trying to offer them the best beer experience, and therefore we present the portfolio of our brands available for sale in stores in a unique way and in the right place. The new concept will create an inspiring environment in the beer section, and simply the navigation and selection process of beer shopping. I am convinced that the World of Beer will offer a pleasant shopping experience and improve beer culture of the packaged beer segment.“ Said Doug Brodman, General Manager of Plzeňský Prazdroj.
Redesigning beer sections into the World of Beer is a new part of a general reconstruction of all individual stores that will offer consumers much improved services.
„We have created The World of Beer with Prazdroj Company because we are constantly working on improving our customers’ services. About ten thousand shoppers visit one of our stores every month. We hope that most of them will come to the World of Beer during their shopping. The best thank you for our efforts will be to see that it has become a pleasant place offering a comfortable shopping experience,“ said Martin Ditmar, General Manager of SPAR ČOS llc.
Shopper Marketing Team conducted the preparation of the World of Beer project internally. Plzeňský Prazdroj and Interspar cooperated on the preparation with established agencies.
* Beers aspiring to use the mark Czech Beer must fulfil the preset criteria:
- a place of origination within the geographic territory (Czech Republic)
- Czech Republic must be the place of origin as well as the source of the main ingredients (hops, malt, water)
- the used technology for the production of Czech Beer
- qualitative characteristics of the finished beer such as wort extract, alcohol content, colouring, bitterness, pH level, level of fermentation
- more at www.prazdroj.cz/cp
Notes for editors:
- With total sales of nearly 9.9 million of hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
P: +420 724 617 219