Welcome to our website, which describes Plzeňský Prazdroj’s efforts in the field of business sustainability.
We honour the Czech brewing tradition and strive to further its legacy. We believe, however, that it is our obligation to not only maintain the brewing legacy, but to cultivate it for the sake of future generations. We have to respond to existing challenges in such a way as to provide for a bright future for Czech beer.
There are five basic ingredients to making good beer: premium quality water, malting barley, Saaz hops, brewer’s yeast and fantastic people who give beer proper care and passion.
Being a company whose business greatly depends on the gifts of nature, we are committed to looking after these resources, as well as to caring for and developing our people and supporting the communities in which we our company operates.
Therefore, our sustainability strategy is underpinned by the following seven pillars:
- Caring for our history and historical heritage
- Supporting local agriculture and Czech suppliers
- Reducing the consumption of water and energy, and the carbon footprint of our manufacturing and distribution processes
- Promoting the Czech beer culture and our customers
- Caring for our employees and nurturing their potential
- Promoting responsible consumption and preventing alcohol use among high-risk groups
Supporting the regions and communities in which we operate
This year, jointly with our parent company Asahi Group Holding, we are developing a new and even more ambitious sustainability strategy which will be vital for the direction our company is to take after the year 2020.